AR Staff Accountant – Admin – Wilkes-Barre
Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time AR Staff Accountant for our Admin location.
The AR Staff Accountant will complete accounting and reporting activities in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and prescribed accounting policies and/or the financial procedures of the organization. This position will be responsible for processing and monitoring incoming payments and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts. This will be by check, credit card, automated clearing house (ACH), or wire transfers. From these receipts, an accounts receivable amount needs to be determined for posting into the financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs daily processing of all cash receipts from check, credit card, automated clearing house (ACH), or wire transfers and prepare the financial records in the accounting software (Financial Edge).
• Creating accounts receivable invoices in Financial Edge for all Federal/State/Local/Funding reports by partnering with the report submitters.
• Prepare Accounts Receivable aging analysis and reporting.
• Follow up with internal partners on aged receivables to ensure timely receipt of monies owed to the organization.
• Perform reconciliations of insurance payments for entry into Financial Edge.
• Assist with managing periodic and external reporting deadlines and audit requests.
• Assist in preparing various monthly allocations across funding sources.
• Assists in the reconciliation of the credit card accounts.
• Performs data entry, processing mail, general bookkeeping tasks, and basic clerical tasks such as filing and managing data, records, and reports.
• Assist with other duties as directed.
• Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Accounting or Business Degree, Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
2 years of relevant accounts receivable experience.
Non-profit experience preferred.
General understanding of accounting and business procedures and principles.
Ability to articulate clearly.
Advanced business writing skills for memos, emails, documents, and other materials.
Excellent verbal communication skills.
Solid understanding and experience with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Knowledge of charts, graphs, and table formatting.
Fundamentals of basic software and database programs to input and/or extract information.
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
Please visit www.mfhs.org for more information.
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer.
Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply