CSR/Teller Support Specialist
At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we are dedicated to providing our customers with friendly, personalized, high-quality financial services and products. Our retail division, Community Bank, N.A., operates more than 230 customer facilities across Upstate New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Vermont and Western Massachusetts. Beyond retail banking, we also offer wealth management, investment management, insurance and risk management, and benefit plan administration.
Just as our employees are committed to helping our customers manage their finances, we’re committed to our employees. After all, they make it happen for our customers every day.
To ensure our people can enjoy long and successful careers here at CBSI, we offer competitive compensation, good benefits, and professional development and advancement opportunities. As an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer, we celebrate and support a diverse workplace for the benefit of all: our employees, customers and communities.
A Customer Support Representative (CSR)/Teller Support Specialist is responsible to deliver a positive customer experience to current and prospective bank customers on the banking floor and the teller line. The person in this position will routinely move between the customer service desk and teller line as needed. A CSR/Teller Support Specialist must be able to adapt well in the face of workplace stressors such as customer service complaints. It requires someone who will maintain the security of customer information, prioritize items of significance, and be a team player.
- Routinely provide quality customer service and a positive banking experience by handling financial transactions (i.e. opening of accounts, cashing checks, etc.) with a professional attitude on both the teller line and platform
- Determine customer needs, explain and sell products and services
- Telephone customers to schedule sales appointments and promote products
- Participate in branch prospecting efforts
- Assist customers with requests such as stop payments, wire transfers, balance discrepancies, loan information, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between customer and operational areas
- Conduct customer transactions with accuracy and prepare daily cash balancing within established guidelines
- Ability to understand directions and adhere to established policy and procedures
- Able to remain focused
- Other related duties as assigned or directed
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures and internal controls, and meet all job-specific requirements in a timely fashion
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Internal product knowledge and teller training
- Accurate and proficient math
- Documentation skills with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear thinking and ability to stay focused
- Must be able to consistently demonstrate the Company’s core values: a strong work ethics, integrity, respect for others, responsibility, transparency and humility
- Two (2) years of bank and/or customer service normally required
Other Job Information
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Clarks Summit Branch (931 South State Street. Clarks Summit, PA. 18411)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus potential for annual merit increase. In addition to your competitive salary, you will be rewarded benefits including: 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, Medical, Vision & Dental insurance, 401K with generous match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Banking discounts and the list goes on!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk or sit. Use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.