Nutritionist – Childs
Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Nutritionist for our Childs WIC location.
The Nutritionist is responsible for determining WIC (Women, Infants & Children) program eligibility, prescribing the WIC food package, and the delivery and documentation of nutrition education for WIC program participants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, determine and document WIC medical/nutritional eligibility for applicants/participants based upon current standards and/or according to policy. Assure that income and residency eligibility has been verified
- Provide and document group and/or individualized nutrition education for participants appropriate to their needs.
- Prescribe the types and quantity of foods for participants in accordance with the participant’s medical/nutritional needs and preferences.
- Provide and document appropriate and required referrals to participants.
- Assess and record hematological and anthropometric measurements for applicants/participants as necessary.
- Implement, monitor and promote nutrition education, breastfeeding and/or outreach activities for participants in accordance with the current Nutrition Education, Breastfeeding and Outreach annual plans.
- Document data provided on immunization records for participants as necessary.
- Attend regular training sessions and updates as directed.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the provision of services.
- Bachelor of Science degree with a focus on nutrition
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial, but not required
- Ability and willingness to complete PA Bureau of Labs mandated hematological training, CDC approved anthropometric training, and MFHS sponsored basic nutrition education and breastfeeding training.
- 1+ years experience desired
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
Please visit www.mfhs.org for more information.
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply