Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Office Administrator for our Scranton- Circle of Care location.
- The Office Administrator directs and administers operations of a MFHS Circle of Care service site to ensure operational success of quality, productivity, and financial goals. This position is responsible for team engagement, patient experience, operational performance, change management, and ensuring an optimal work environment. The Office Administrator is responsible for overall compliance to applicable program or legal requirements and serves as direct supervisor of non-clinical staff working collaboratively with Senior Management to ensure effective and efficient operations in alignment with the mission of MFHS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Establish and monitor effective and efficient front office and operational processes to maximize patient flow and medical provider schedules, and in cooperation with the Office Manager, ensure patient satisfaction, collection of information, payments, and dissemination of pertinent educational information.
Provide COC program oversight and direction serving as principal point of contact, and providing collaboration, leadership, and expertise for operational matters pertaining to MFHS COC services.
Establish and monitor effective and efficient front office and operational processes to maximize patient flow and medical provider schedules, and ensure patient satisfaction, collection of information, payments, and dissemination of pertinent educational information.
Develop, implement, and maintain a referral management process. Cross train front desk and clerical employees to ensure education of all available MFHS programs for successful integration of services.
Hold staff accountable to MFHS policies, and office, operational, and safety procedures and protocols - reporting hazards and unsafe practices immediately to senior management.
- Business Operations:
- Develop, implement, and oversee systems for the evaluation of capital equipment needs, and purchase of materials and equipment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programmatic budget in collaboration with the CFO and fiscal team
- Provide COC program oversight and direction serving as principal point of contact, and providing collaboration, leadership, and expertise for operational matters pertaining to MFHS COC services.
- Fiscal Management:
- Manage COC programs’ operational budget and collaborate with the Fiscal Department to maintain a process for financial audits, billing and accounts receivables, financial performance, and reporting.
- Promote cost containment and efficient use of resources and monitor FTE utilization making recommendations for cost effective improvements.
- Information Management:
- Facilitates effective, positive communication among staff by demonstrating active listening, requesting information, acknowledging feedback, and providing feedback to management.
- Ensure proper use of EMR, and all information management systems and tools utilized as per MFHS operating procedures including document storage and record keeping systems.
- Establish, communicate, and monitor data to support the accomplishment of strategic KPIs.
- Quality and Risk Management:
- Collaborate with QI (and CCO) to implement and maintain processes to comply with mandated reporting of patient issues to regulatory agencies; and maintain compliance for all laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement, in collaboration with QI and Human Resources, a risk management and disaster response plan to ensure a safe environment; assist in the development of quality assurance and process improvement initiatives; and oversee patient satisfaction programs.
- Personnel & Facility Management:
Provides direct supervision of Office Coordinator (WIC), and all non-clinical staff to include assigning tasks/cases, assisting with case load, providing performance feedback, managing time off and scheduling needs, hiring and training, and serving as a role model of professional practice standards by educating, mentoring, and coaching staff.
In collaboration with Facilities Manager, serve as a point of contact for facilities issues, working with outside vendors and others to ensure the facility is safe, clean and in good repair.
Promote and contribute to organization and programmatic goals
Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare administration, business, or related field preferred.
5-10 years’ experience in healthcare administration or practice management required.
Advanced business writing skills for e-mails, documents, and other materials.
Ability to analyze information, problems, situations, practices, and procedures to define problems or objectives, identify concerns, patterns, tendencies, and relationships, and formulate logical conclusions.
Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM certification) preferred.
Knowledge of NexGen, Athena, and/or practice management systems required.
Proven and strong HR management and change management skills.
Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
Excellent customer service and client-centered service delivery.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of health planning and management sufficient to manage, direct, and coordinate the operations of MFHS COC locations.
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
Please visit www.mfhs.org for more information.
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply