Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a full time Registered Nurse for our Nurse Family Partnership Program in Hazleton.
The Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program. Nurse home visitors are responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards of NFP and of Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs home visiting to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program and in accordance with the NFP model and guidelines, adheres to the nursing processes, and utilizes concepts of reflection and motivational interviewing.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with up to 30 clients (anticipated case load); combination of primipara and multiparous mothers.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social, and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains and assists them in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support, and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals using a variety of teaching tools (e.g. books, videos, digital resources, etc.)
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals providing services to women and families.
- Formulates nursing diagnosis based on nursing assessment and client goals.
- Utilizes strengths and needs assessment in conjunction with client goals to formulate client education plan and evaluates client progress toward stated goals and NFP outcomes.
- Schedules in-person or telehealth/teleconference visits in accordance with client goals and NFP outcomes, including joint visits with NFP Nurse Supervisor every four months.
- Accurately assesses, develops strategies, and engages professional development to meet their own learning needs and all NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
- Meets with NFP Nurse Supervisor weekly for clinical supervision, utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions, and attends/participates in biweekly case team meetings and case conferences.
- Provides information for timely and accurate data input to the NSO and OCDEL databases and participates in review and analysis of the CIS reports for achievements and areas for improvement.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Maintains confidentiality, documents appropriately and completely in a timely manner.
- Supports policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards of NFP and MFHS.
- Participates in community coalition in support of NFP and promotes public awareness of NFP as requested/required; and develops and maintains community relationships for referrals.
- Stays informed of current health care developments to provide safe, quality nurse visiting services and establishes and records progress toward annual goals.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals of MFHS.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree – Candidates with Associates degree will be expected to enroll in BSN within 2 years of employment and completion within 5 years
- Experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting preferred
- Current PA RN License and CPR Certification
- Child Abuse, PA Criminal Record & FBI Clearances
- Valid driver’s license, current insurance policy and access to a vehicle
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to walk and/or occasionally climb stairs while carrying up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to work flexible hours Monday-Friday including some evenings to accommodate client needs
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- 4 personal days
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- MFHS Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
Please visit www.mfhs.org for more information.
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer.
Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply