Johnson College is currently seeking an Associate Director of Student Success. The Associate Director of Student Success reports to the Vice President of Student and Academic Affairs and is responsible for the management and administration of the student service departments on campus. This Associate Director of Student Success is responsible for prioritizing the flow of work in the Student Advising Center, Tutoring, Resource Center, and Student Engagement to ensure quality customer care, along with timely completion of correspondence, reports, and applications to various internal and external stakeholders. The Associate Director of Student Success will facilitate a college-wide effort to increase student retention, degree completion, and regular communication with students to promote student persistence, progress towards graduation and overall student success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads and manages all aspects of the College’s customer care philosophy with the academic services by providing leadership, vision, and direction.
- Manages all aspects of student success including advising, tutoring, resource center and student engagement.
- Oversee the development and execution of student programming on campus.
- Develop and execute retention and persistence initiatives aligning within Institutional Strategic Plan and Strategic Enrollment Management Plan.
- Possess and conveys a positive, collaborative, motivational and inspirational attitude to the student, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborate with the Enrollment Department to create a seamless transition for incoming students
- Works within the shared services environment to ensure collaborative and quality delivery of academic requirements.
- Participate in various departmental, campus, and college initiatives related to retention and student success.
- Oversight of Commencement and all affiliate activities.
- Assist with local, state, and federal reporting to ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records within accreditation guidelines.
- Assist with updating and maintenance of student records (i.e. general application, data entry/name changes, address changes/telephone numbers)
- Provide assistance to student services departments in registering/dropping/adding/withdrawing classes; refer appropriately.
- Co-chair Strategic Enrollment Management Committee
- Monitor degree audit reports/evaluations upon submission for graduation and course substitutions for students' graduation.
- Prepares, analyzes and presents reports as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access, Outlook, and Power Point) software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to relate effectively with students, institutional personnel & the public
- Data entry skills
Masters preferred in higher education or education
Minimum of two (2) years office experience as an administrative professional, preferably in higher education
- Strong organizational skills
- Writing skills
- Proof reading ability
- Strong people skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to learn quickly, organize, and prioritize work
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Data entry skills
- Willingness to update skills on an ongoing basis