CODING THE COAL REGION – SUMMER SEMESTER REGISTRATION
Registration for the summer session of classes is currently closed.
“Coding the Coal Region” is a project to increase the computer programming skills in Northeast PA by providing students with access to curriculum, training, and certification modules to meet the immediate workforce needs of the computer programming industry in Northeastern Pennsylvania. We are offering FREE, online, instructor-led computer programming courses to students in grades 6-12 in Luzerne County.
Summer courses will run from the week of May 10th to the week of August 16th. Students will attend two hours of class per week over the course of 14 weeks. There is a one-week vacation break built into each course. Classes are taught virtually by professional instructors from Penn State Wilkes-Barre. Students must be registered by a parent or legal guardian. Please visit the course catalog on the Coding the Coal Region website to view course descriptions and outlines for content and outcomes. You should receive an auto-confirmation email once we have received your submission.
Summer Semester Course Offerings
BEGINNER – No experience needed
- Programming 101: Introduction to Computational Thinking with Scratch (Full)
Teacher: Andy Bloom
- Engineering 117: Introduction to Python – Session 1 (Grades 6 & 7) (Full)
- Engineering 117: Introduction to Python – Session 2 (Grades 8 & 9) (Full)
- Engineering 117: Introduction to Python – Session 3 (Grades 10, 11, & 12) (Full)
- Graphic Design 108: Introduction to Video Game Development (Full)
Contact Information: Shanie Mohamed (firstname.lastname@example.org)