The Internship- Episode 3: Meet Gabby Porter
Over the course of my internship, I've gotten to know many of my fellow co-workers. One person that I have a special connection with is one of my co-interns, Gabby Porter. Gabby comes into the internship every day during the week as opposed to my arrivals on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We often share responsibilities as Ahmad brings us along to the THINK Center to set up the latest event. For the past several weeks, we have also been working diligently on the Chamber dinner, writing and designing anything that might be used on the big night. Gabby has not only been a great co-worker, but also a great friend. I had the privilege of interviewing her for my blog using the same questions I used to introduce myself. Her answers are quite intriguing and give insight to her personality and character.
- What is your name, the school you attend, and what is the major you are studying?
- How did you find out about the internship and what prompted you to apply for the position?
- What are some of the tasks and responsibilities that you have around the Chamber?
- What has been your favorite thing/activity since starting the internship?
- Are there any fun hobbies/activities that you like to do outside the workplace?
- What are your plans after the internship and/or after graduation?
- What do you think you will gain most out of this experience with the Chamber?
- If you could give one piece of advice for future interns, what would it be?
It is always nice to have Gabby as my partner during many of the activities we plan and work with during our time at the chamber. Hopefully, new interns will be privileged to have a co-worker like Gabby!